SAM is the collection of infrastructure and processes necessary for the effective management, control and protection of the software assets within an organisation through all stages of their life cycle.
Software can represent 20% of an organisation's total IT budget with the spend coming under more scrutiny and attention from executive levels within IT and the boardroom. It is clear from our experiences with existing clients that more time and attention spent on establishing SAM best practice frameworks and systems, ensures a greater control of assets, risks, costs and infrastructure.
Historically, the main project driver for Software Asset Management has been compliance. More recently, the subject of Software Asset Management has become a pertinent item on the business agenda; this is due to recent developments such as:
• Sarbanes-Oxley Act in the USA
• Recommendations made in the Turnbull Report in the UK
• Publication of ITIL ‘Best Practice for Software Asset Management’ guideline
• Strategic deployment of Microsoft Windows 7
• Desire to reduce operational cost within the current economic climate
• Emergence of numerous cloud technologies replacing hardware infrastructure
prosource.it offers an end to end Software Asset Management services to control your risks, costs and maximise your assets.
Ask for more details of our SAM assessment designed to provide a detailed analysis of your current application consumption and licence ownership, which includes a comprehensive gap analysis with tactical and strategic recommendations.
Created by Yellow