prosource.it was chosen to set up and service, support the critical IT infrastructure for Bond Offshore Helicopters since their return to the North Sea in 2004.
As the business has expanded in scale and service offerings, its IT systems, capability and resilience have needed to develop continual refresh to keep pace with the growing business.
During our time supporting Bond, they have expanded from an initial small group of core staff level with one base in Aberdeen to over 200 users spread over 4 bases
• Search and Rescue Hangar in Sumburgh,
• Miller platform offshore
• Dyce Hangar
• Head Office in Aberdeen.
prosource.it manage the implementation of the IT infrastructure at these locations, along with all comms links and mission critical site-to-site VPN’s. prosource.it also look after the Company’s email systems implementation including the migration of user mailboxes from associated company’s email environments.
More recent enhancements include:
• Rollout of VoIP and server consolidation – in support of increased performance and reduced spend.
• Improved collaboration between pilots and engineers to avoid communication issues caused by shift patterns. This has been delivered via web forum.
• In line with their operational requirements, IT systems need to be available 99.9% of the time. This called for a series of upgrades and enhancements in their end-to-end systems, including the implementation of clustering and SAN technologies.
• The SAN & clustering technologies have also been an enabler for enhanced DR capability, with data and functionality being mirrored between sites
Bond Offshore Helicopters delivers a critical service to the North Sea. This critical service is underpinned by high availability, highly resilient systems, implemented and managed by prosource.it.